Terms and Conditions
(Scope of Application)
- Article 1-1.
Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated, shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and / or generally accepted practices.
- Article 1-2.
Should the Hotel enter into a special contract with the Guest, in so far as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
(Application for Accommodation Contracts)
A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
- Name of the Guest(s);
- Date of accommodation and estimate time of arrival;
- Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No.1); and
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- Article 2-2.
Should a Guest request, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of preceding paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.)
- Article 3-1.
A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- Article 3-2.
When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit, fixed by the Hotel, within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- Article 3-3.
The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- Article 3-4.
When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when period of payment of the deposit is specified.
(Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
- Article 4-1.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same paragraph.
- Article 4-2.
Should the Hotel has not requested the payment of a deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and／or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as if the Hotel has accepted a special contract as prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
(Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract in the following cases:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is a member of an organized crime group designated under "the Law on the Prevention of Irregularities by Gangsters" or any person related to such a gang or any other anti-social forces;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is a corporate entity or other group and the business activities of which are controlled by an organized crime group or such gangsters;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is a corporate entity and any director of which is regarded to be a member of a gang;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation has made any conducts which would cause significant inconveniences to other guests;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation has demanded of the Hotel or its staff, overbearing unjust acts such as violence, threat or blackmail to assume an unreasonable burden, or has proven to have made a similar conduct in the past;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious desease;
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, disfunction of the facilities and / or other unavoidable causes; and / or
- When the provisions of Article 10 of the Hyogo Prefectural Ordinance concerning the enforcement of the "Ryokan Business Law" are applicable.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
- Article 6-1.
The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
- Article 6-2.
Should the Guest cancel the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No.2. However, should a special contract, as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 be in effect, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation for payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- Article 6-3.
In the case when the Guest does not appear by 20:00 of the accommodation date (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel has been notified) without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel)
The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
- When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/ or have conducted himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- When it is feared that the Guest, being in a state of intoxication, may disturb other guests of the Hotel and/ or may behave in a manner which gives disturbance to other guests;
- When the Guest has proven to be a member of an organized crime group designated under "the Law on the Prevention of Irregularities by Gangsters" or any person related to such a gang or any other anti-social forces;
- When the Guest has proven to be a member of a corporate entity or other group and the business activities of which are controlled by an organized crime group or such gangsters;
- When the Guest has proven to be a member of corporate entity and any director of which is regarded to be a member of a gang;
- When the Guest has demanded of the Hotel or its staff, overbearing unjust acts such as violence, threat or blackmail to assume an unreasonable burden, or has proven to have made a similar conduct in the past;
- When the Guest has not observed "the Terms and Conditions for Accommdation Contracts" provided by the Hotel;
- When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, and / or other causes of force majeure;
- When the provisions of Article 10 of the Hyogo Prefectural Ordinance concerning the enforcement of the "Ryokan Business Law" are applicable; and / or
- When the Guest does not observe Rules and Regulations on prohibition such as smokingin bed, mischief to the fire-fighting facilities and other provisions of the Use Regulation stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing fires).
- Article 7-2.
Should the Hotel cancel the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any services which he has not received.
The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation:
- Name, age, sex, address and occupation.
- Except Japanese nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan.
- Date and estimated time of departure.
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- Article 8-2.
Should the Guest intend to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler's cheques, coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
(Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
- Article 9-1.
The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 15:00 to 12:00 of the next day. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows;
- Until 15:00……30％ of the room rate
- Until 18:00……50％ of the room rate
- After 18:00……full room rate
(Observance of Use Regulations)
The Guest shall observe the Rules and Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
Business hours of hotel facilities are listed in guest room information brochures and directories.
- Article 11-2.
The business hours specified in the preceding paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
(Payment of Accommodation Charges)
- Article 12-1.
The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
- rticle 12-2.
Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding paragraph, shall be paid with Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese currency such as traveler's cheques, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
- Article 12-3.
Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel and are at his disposal.
(Liabilities of the Hotel)
- Article 13-1.
The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in case where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- Article 13-2.
The Hotel has been granted by the Fire Station the Certificate of Excellence for its outstanding performance for fire-safety. The Hotel is also covered by the Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and / or other disasters.
(Handling when unable to provide Contracted Rooms)
- Article 14-1.
The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- Article 14-2.
When arrangement for other accommodation can not be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not be liable to compensate the Guest.
(Handling of Deposited Articles)
- Article 15-1.
The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure.
However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest to report its kind and value but the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 300,000 yen.
- Article 15-2.
The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value have not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 300,000 yen,except in the case when loss or damage was caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the Hotel.
(Custody of Baggage and / or Belongings of the Guest)
- Article 16-1.
When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only when the request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
- Article 16-2.
When the baggage or belongings of the Guest are found left after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the Hotel shall keep the article for 7 days, including the day it is found, and after this period the Hotel shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
- Article 16-3.
The Hotel's liability in regard to the custody of a Guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the preceding article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same article in the case of Paragraph 2.
(Liability in regard to Parking)
The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
(Liability of the Guest)
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Attached Table No.1
Table of Charges for Lodging and Miscellaneous Expenses.
[Regarding Paragraph 1 of Article 2 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12]
|Total Amount to be paid by a Registered Guest
(1) Basic Accommodation Charges (Room Charge or Room Charge ＋ Breakfast Charge [when included in the basic room charge])
(2) Service Charge [(1) × 15％]
(3) Food and Beverage Charges (excluding meals included in the Basic Accommodation Charges) and other relevant charges.
(4) Service Charge [(3) × 15％]
|Change / Taxes
|A. Consumption Tax
In the event the relevant tax laws are modified, the latest modified version shall be applicable to all charges listed above.
Attached Table No.2
Cancellation Charge for Hotels (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|Date when Cancellation of Contract i Notified
||1 to 14
||15 to 99
||100 and more
|1Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|9Days Prior to Accommodation Day
|20Days Prior to Accommodation Day
- The percentage signifies the rate of cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
- When the number of days contracted is shortened, a cancellation for the first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.