Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it possible to check-in/check- out in the South Wing?
Check-in and check-out can only be done at the Front Desk on the 1st floor of the Main Building.
- Is wireless Internet available in the guest room or in the Main lobby?
- Wi-Fi internet access in the guestrooms and in the Main Lobby is free of charge. Please ask staff for details.
- Is there laundry service available?
Regular laundry service picked up from the guest room by 10 a.m. will be returned by 6:00 p.m. the same day.3-hour service is available from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. and incurs a 50% extra charge. The clothing can be delivered to the guest room about three hours from the time of pickup.
- Is it possible to leave my luggage before check-in?
- Luggage may be left before or after check-in at the Cloak Room on the 1st floor of the Main Building.
- We will be celebrating a birthday during our stay. Is it possible to order a cake or flowers?
- Please contact us by telephone or e-mail at least three days in advance. We are pleased to make special arrangements for birthday cakes or flowers during your stay.
- Is it possible to put my name on a waiting list for a guest room?
- The Kobe Portopia Hotel does not have a waiting list policy. Thank you for your understanding.
- Is it possible to check-in early or check-out late?
- Early check-in and late check-out is possible for a surcharge. Please call our Reservations Department to confirm availability for your particular dates of stay.
- Where can guests have breakfast?
Breakfast is available at our hotel restaurants or from Room Service.For guests with early morning departures, a takeout sandwich box can be prepared. Please ask the Reservation Department in advance.
- How much is overnight parking?
Overnight parking charges per vehicle are:1 night - 800 yen, 2 nights - 1,600 yen, 3 nights - 2,400 yen, 4 nights or more - 3,200 yen. In and out privileges are permitted.There is complimentary parking for guests staying at the Oval Club, suite rooms, or for guests with special accommodation packages which includes parking.Please note that cars leaving the parking lot after 2 PM on the day of check-out will incur an additional 800 yen charge.
- Are there baby beds available?
- There are 7 baby beds available on a first come, first served basis. The charge is 1,210 yen per night (inclusive of tax and service charge).
- Are there charges for children?
- When children sleep in the beds provided in the room, there is no additional charge, except for Oval Club rooms. The Oval Club surcharge is ¥2,420 per school-aged child.
- Where can I check in if I am staying on the Oval Club Executive Floors?
Oval Club guests arriving by 9:00 p.m. may check in at the Executive Lounge on the 26th floor of the Main Building. An elevator key card is required for access to 26th floor. Please ask lobby staff for assistance. Oval Club guests arriving after 9:00 p.m. are asked to check-in at the Front Desk on the 1st floor.
＊From April 2020, Executive Lounge will be open until 7:00 p.m.
- Are there Smoking rooms available?
- Yes, there are. However, as they are limited in number, please request a smoking room when making your reservation.
- Are there Japanese style rooms available?
- There are 4 Japanese style rooms available in the Main Building (7F) and 5 combination Western-Japanese rooms available in the South Wing. Please consult with our Reservations Specialists for details.
- Are there rooms for mobility impaired guests?
- The Kobe Portopia Hotel has a guest room that is designed for universal access. Please consult with our Reservations Specialists for details.
- What are the hours for Room Service?
- Room Service is available from 7:00 a.m. to midnight. The breakfast menu is available from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and the lunch and dinner menus are available from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. The late night dinner menu is available from 9:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Is there a convenience store in the hotel?
- There is a FamilyMart on the ground floor of the Main Building.
- Does the hotel have an ATM?
- There is an ATM machine in the convenience store ; FamilyMart.
- Can foreign currency be used at the hotel?
- Foreign currency cannot be used for payments at the hotel or its facilities. However, there is exchange machine next to the Front Desk. You can exchange foreign currency (US dollars, Australian dollars, Canadian dollars, British pounds, Euros, Hong Kong dollars, Chinese yuan, Taiwan dollars, Korea won, Thai baht, Singapore dollars, or Swiss francs) for Japanese yen.
- Do you have a business center? What kinds of services are available?
- The Hotel's business center is located next to the Cloak Room (Main Building 1F). Please click here for details about business services and fees.
- Is there a package delivery service in the hotel?
- There is a package delivery service only within Japan. It is located at the Cloak Room on the ground floor of the Main Building.
- Is there a swimming pool at the hotel?
- There is an indoor swimming pool (Main Building, 4F) and a seasonal outdoor swimming pool (South Wing, 4F). Please note that there is a fee to use the swimming pool and other fitness facilities. >>
- Is there a fitness gym at the hotel?
- There is a fitness gym and tennis courts (Main Building, 4F). Please note that there is a fee to use the fitness gym. >>
- Where can I buy cold medicine?
Sunporto carries a variety of over the counter medicines.It is located in the South Wing hallway.
Transportation and Other Services
- How do I get to Kansai International Airport from the hotel?
- You may either take an airport limousine bus from Sannomiya or catch the Kobe-Kansai Airport Bay Shuttle from Port Island. For details about airport transportation, please refer to our directions page. >>
- What's the closest station to the hotel?
- The closest station is Shimin Hiroba Station (Port Liner monorail). >>
- Are there parking spaces for guests using wheelchairs?
- Yes. Please ask the doorman when you arrive.
- How do I get to the hotel if I am traveling by train?
- From Sannomiya Station (JR, Hankyu, Hanshin or Kobe City Subway), please transfer to the Port Liner monorail and exit at P-06, Shimin Hiroba Station. There is a covered connecting walkway to the 2nd floor entrance of the hotel. >>
- Does the hotel have a shuttle bus? Are reservations necessary?
- The Kobe Portopia Hotel has complimentary shuttle bus service to and from Sannomiya and Shin Kobe Station. Reservations are not necessary but seats are limited. If the shuttle bus is full, please wait for the next shuttle or take the Port Liner or taxi to the hotel. >>
- Does the hotel have wheelchairs?
- The hotel has a limited number of wheelchairs available for guests to borrow; reservations are required. Please make your request for a wheelchair along with your room reservation.
- Are assistance dogs allowed in restaurants and guest rooms?
- Assistance dogs are allowed.